Monday, April 19, 2010

Granville Island Farmers Market- Illustration in progress


We had an excellent illustration class this semester that gave us a chance to experience what it's like working in the "real world". Each student was paired up with a local design studio, company, or professional illustrator. The student was then given a project to work on and throughout the semester received direction and feedback from the studio/company/illustrator.

I was really lucky to get the chance to work with a great Vancouver design studio (St. Bernadine Mission Communications). I've been working on an illustration to promote the Granville Island Farmers Market. When the project first started, I didn't know whether or not it was actually going to be used by the client (Granville Island) as some of the students were just given fictional projects that were being treated professionally. However, I'm very happy to say that I think my illustration is going to be used! The studio has shown my sketches to the client who apparently "loved them"... so it won't be long till I start on the final illustration. We may soon see my illustration all over the streets of Vancouver. :)

I've started a page on my website that outlines the illustration's process. Check it out at http://www.cassika.com/farmersmarketprocess.html

1 comment: