Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A very special graduation present



Today I went to the post office and was happy to discover a large parcel waiting for me.

As soon as I was given the box I could tell from the handwriting that it was from my Grama Thelma. What a nice surprise seeing as I wasn't expecting anything, and it's not close to my birthday or Christmas. What could it be? I considered the possibility that maybe it was something she'd found for a good bargain at a garage sale. The last time she came to visit she had two full sets of watercolour paints for me, unopened, that she'd gotten for a steal on one of her garage sale-ing days.

I got home, put the box on the table, and sliced the tape open with a steak knife. (Thank goodness I didn't cut what was waiting for me inside the box!). Inside a plastic bag was an absoloutely stunning, beautifully coloured, intricately stitched quilt. I was sooooo happy and so surprised! There was also a very cute card inside giving me congratulations for graduating. Almost brought a tear to my eye!

She is an amazing quilter and I thought a picture of her "artwork" was worthy of being posted.

Thanks Grama!!


No comments:

Post a Comment